- Keywords are the reserved words in C.
- The meaning and working of these keywords are already known to the compiler.
- Each keyword has a specific feature.
- We can not change the meaning of the keyword.
- Keywords are used to perform an internal operation.
- Identifier can be same as keywords.
- Keywords are case-sensitive and always written in small case letter.
- In C Keywords are also called as Reserved words.
There are total 32 keywords in C. The list of these 32 reserved keywords is given below:
Basic use of keyword-
- int, float, char, double, long, short – These are the data types. Each data type has a different meaning.
- if, else, switch, case, default – These are the types of control statements.
- for, while, do – These are the types of loops.
- return – used for returning a value.
- void – One of the return type.
- auto, extern, const, extern, register, signed, unsigned – These are used to defines variables.
- break, continue – This keyword is used with a loop.
- goto – Used for redirecting the flow of execution.
- enum – It is a data type which contains set of constants.
- sizeof – sizeof keyword is used to know the size.
- struct, typeof – keywords used in the structure.
- union – It is a collation of variables.
In further posts, you will understand each keyword in detail and also will know how to use.
1 thought on “C Keywords”
My family members all the time say that I am killing my time here at web,
except I know I am getting experience every day by reading thes good articles.