What is php
- PHP acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor.
- PHP is a server scripting language means code does not need to be compiled before it gets used.
- PHP is a widely-used open source general-purpose language.
To learn PHP you should know basics of HTML(Hypertext Language).
PHP is extremely easy for a newcomer and offers very advanced features to a professional programmer.
Where PHP Use:
PHP can be used on the various operating system(Microsoft Windows, Unix variants, Linux, etc.).
PHP also supports almost all servers(Apache, IIS and many others).
Also, PHP supports the wide range of databases(DBA, CUBRID, DB++, Mongo, MYSQL, etc.).
This is the strongest feature in PHP.
Therefore, you can choose any operating system and any server with PHP.
PHP script is used in following 3 main areas:
- Server-side scripting
- Commond-line scripting
- Desktop application
- The PHP code is enclosed in start() processing instructions.
- Each separate instruction must end with a semicolon (;).
- echo is same as printf() in C language which uses for printing outputs.
- Whatever you want to print on the screen of a web browser insert it in quotation marks(” “).
- In PHP we don’t have to give data type of variable, PHP automatically converts it.
- In other languages like C, C++, Java, etc. it is necessary to give data type of variable.